BHSI Highlights for 2017
Summary: Some of our more memorable accomplishments during 2017.
Held the first annual meeting of BHSI's Board of Directors after incorporation in the fall of 2016.
- Updated and revised many webpages for 2017.
Balloted changes to ASTM's F-1447 bicycle helmet standard.
- Solicited presentations and prepared agendas for the May ASTM meetings.
Sent an apparently non-compliant helmet sample to CPSC
Balloted changes to ASTM's F1447 bicycle helmet standard.
Rolled out a revised format for BHSI's 500+ webpages.
- Was quoted several times in a NY Times article on helmets by Jane Brody that got wide circulation.
- Attended an ICPHSO workshop on CPSC policies and recalls.
- Attended a Virginia Tech Symposium in Atlanta on their helmet rating programs.
- Attended ASTM meetings in Atlanta, chairing the technical meeting.
Website updates are listed on our WhatsNew page