Graphics, Photos and Clip Art
Summary: We don't have a lot of helmet graphics, but we have some references for other places to look.
Photos and graphics
- The Pedestrian and Bicycle Information Center has an Image Library, a searchable collection of over 2,500 categorized images. It includes a large section of helmet wearing images.
- Palo Alto Medical Foundation has a great page with
photos of helmets worn badly and correctly
- The Bikes Belong Photo Library has about 30 images in low and high resolution versions that portray bicycling in a positive light. All of the riders have their helmets on correctly. The ask you to credit them, and say "These photos are available for you to use free of charge in any noncommercial projects, including web pages, presentations, and reports. For other uses, please contact Bikes Belong."
- Here is a page on the CPSC Web server with links to some graphics.
- CPSC has a streaming video on helmet testing and fit. Check here for our description and the link.
- This NHTSA page has some fit graphics.
- Here is the famous Swedish poster with riders wearing only their helmets--unique. And why is there a BHSI logo at the bottom of that page?
- Bike New York's Rich Conroy suggests these five sites for free clips of helmets, and riders wearing helmets.
- Photos you can buy. Both Fotosearch and the Canadian Canstock have extensive galleries of photos and drawings. They start at $5 or less.
Our best advice is to go to Google and use their graphics search. You click on the word graphics just above the searchword box, and put something like "helmet" in the box, then click on search. In fact, here is the helmet search done for you. The results are lots of helmet photos and graphics. Some are bike helmets and some are not. Most of them are copyrighted, so be careful to ask permission before using them. Here is another search using bike helmet. It has fewer and more specific results.
Searching for graphics
What we need is obvious to you by now: graphics and clip art we can post on this page. If you have some, or links to some, please let us know.
What we need
This page was reformatted on: October 4, 2017.