The Helmet Update
Volume 33, #6, December 30, 2015
All issues index
Helmets for 2016
We have posted our Helmets for 2016 page
at helmets.org. Highlights:
- New liner materials are beginning to appear in production helmets.
- Most manufacturers have extended rear coverage models.
- There are many more a round smooth urban or trail riding helmets.
- MIPS models continue to increase. We still regard MIPS as unproven technology.
- Prices are stable this year, with some increase in the high end models.
More on the web page
The Helmet Update - Bicycle Helmet Safety Institute
Randy Swart, Editor
4611 Seventh Street South
Arlington, VA 22204-1419 USA
(703) 486-0100 (voice)
(703) 486-0576 (fax)