The Helmet Update
Volume 32, #5, December 15, 2014
All issues index
Helmets for 2015
We have posted our Helmets for 2015 review at helmets.org. Highlights:
- MIPS models are proliferating at a rapid rate, boosted by Bell's acquisition of a big chunk of the patent-holding
MIPS company. We still regard MIPS as unproven technology.
- New liner materials are beginning to filter into the helmet market.
- Almost every manufacturer has a round smooth urban model.
- The trend toward compact road models continues, but there are still some new elongated ones with points in the
- Prices are stable this year, with some increase in the high end models.
More on the web page
The Helmet Update - Bicycle Helmet Safety Institute
Randy Swart, Editor
4611 Seventh Street South
Arlington, VA 22204-1419 USA
(703) 486-0100 (voice)
(703) 486-0576 (fax)